- You are aware that a major change in legislation is ahead either so that new legislation restricts your current business space or opens it more.
- You can decide whether you will be passive and wait to first see what happens on markets or you can be proactive and strengthen your own position.
- If you choose to be proactive, what do you usually do in this kind of a situation?
- If you choose to go to narrow direct legislation related questions, how do you secure your customer retention?
- Modern way to make such a change is to start from a business basis and from your own strengths and capabilities.
- Customer Up for customer development with your customers
- Lean SME to ensure that legislation triggered change is business also for you
- Reality Events to keep development close to practice
- Tools and practices to make development more productive
- Proactively you will minimize negative and maximize positive impact to you
- You don’t just wait and narrowly adapt your old business to new regulation
- You search for new solutions leveraging your existing customer knowledge and relationships
- You utilize better your own strengths and not just respond to legislation